Featured Post

Friday, September 13, 2013

DistroKid.com Part 11

I just checked Amazon and Google Play for the "music from Major Stryker" album, and it doesn't appear on Amazon yet, but it does on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Bobby_Prince_music_from_Major_Stryker?id=Bxq7ksh4u62cfrfpt4uccrp533m

On the iTunes release, I received an automated email from DistroKid when the album was live on iTunes. I did not receive a similar automated email about Google Play. Don't know what's up with that, and I don't know when Google Play added the album.

So, I'm still giving DistroKid.com a chance to get everything together.

And I forgot to say that there's a new link on DistroKid.com that allows you to "Delete album from Stores." I'm not gonna click the link to test it yet. But, I'm going to guess that the single I first submitted ("In Hiding" from Duke Nukem 3D) can be deleted and then resubmitted with the other DN3D songs. That was something I was wondering about many posts back.

As with the "days of old" in record/CD sales, the cost of the albums and singles is set by each store. iTunes has the Stryker album at $9.99. Google Play is at $9.49. Both stores sell singles at $.99.

Google Play has longer track previews than iTunes. Some of the tracks played longer than others. I don't know what their algorithm is for that.

These are some exciting times for independent artists. Once again, I highly recommend that if you have a successful album, you should put some of your income into hiring a great publicist. Such a person/organization can keep you in the public eye and get you noticed by even more potential fans.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bobby, I've been a fan of yours and have been following your work since 1993. You are one of my biggest inspirations. Anyway, I was just wondering if it was possible to purchase a physical copy of your music on CD, rather than mp3's? Also, are you interested in having your work remixed at all?

    ReplyDelete